Nachthuiver

Re: Post Scriptum - A Squad WW2 Mod

Post by Nachthuiver »

Im in also !
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Thats already big interest.
I will keep you guys updated over next few weeks.
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Buckles
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Buckles »

I shared...fingers crossed!
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Streams for tonight starting 21:00

.Bole

Post by .Bole »

So what to do you think guys after watching streams?
I will try and get my videos in next few days/weeks. As i have 50 GB of footage,and shitty upload
Volk

Post by Volk »

Looks like game from 2007-something...
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Why do you think that?
Game has better graphics in some parts the Squad
Faker

Post by Faker »

Nothing new, from what I have seen, whats the difference in playing squad and this, apart from the fact that weapons and armory have different looks ?

I was expecting a huge modification to the gameplay, but the only difference I found was the suppression and the tanks.
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

What difference in gameplay for example? There are some changes.
But this is a game that comes from squad so there wont be that much changes to gameplay.
They are still waiting for those 3 systems in v9,v10 so they can mod it still.
They can change the gameplay only if SDK allows it or they need to programm their stuff. I was told they have some stuff in pipeline but they are focusing mainly on art until all systems in place and then change gameplay.
You can change that much stuff gameplay wise in SDK until animation and coreinventory comes.
Vehicles also function a bit different.
Also game has ofc whole another meta. You cant expect to have totally another gameplay when even squad is in alpha state and this mod is 6 months old having almost half of the things as placeholders,like particles etc
Faker

Post by Faker »

I mean, obviously they will try, but as you said Squad will change and this mod will change with it, what will be the main difference ? Is there anything that can be expected that we wont see in squad ? Weapons and graphics overall does not impress me. I am not trying to make people dislike it, just my personal opinion is if, I am going to pay for something, at least to be something different :D, not another squad game with basically same gameplay and same feel. This was my impression from the testing yesterday.

For a difference i mean, can you dig trenches, can you grab a grande and trow it back, can you disable a tank with a grande in the hatch. That type of difference I was expecting when heard 2nd world war.
Gonoreya [SLO]

Post by Gonoreya [SLO] »

FOB's are massive,jesus

No more hiding them in bushes
.Bole

Post Scriptum - A Squad WW2 Mod

Post by .Bole »

Well its mod from squad you cant expect instantly those features.
I guess they will try to make what possible and what they can.
But you have a wrong view on this.
This more of a standalone mod then a game. Now it feels a lot like squad,who knows how it will be in future.
UE4 has option to build trenches on blueprints market but wont be in game for various reason and i think that good.
Not sure what will go with grenade thing,you have few anti tank grenades.Bu well there are no these movie things you ask.
Yeah fobs are huge like in pr and in squad will be the same very soon.

When pr was modded,it was almost same gameplay as bf2 which was througout the years improved and it evolved in a bit different game,but still it looks and feels a lot of like hardcore bf2 with some gameplay changes.
Same is with Post Scriptum,dont know how can you expect in 6 months from an early access game to have a mod that has huge gameplay difference
Faker

Post by Faker »

I was excited, since I was expecting more of a world war 2 feel. Tranches and trowing grenades around was basically the fundamentals of world war 2. Hopefully they will implement this in the upcoming months. I am excited for the development of the mode but at the same time disappointed from the preview.
Fever

Post by Fever »

It will be interesting to see what they do with it once they have everything they need from Squad. My only concern is it ends up just being a reskinned WW2 themed Squad with a few slight changes, which kind of leaves them wide open to various parties modding that stuff for free, because someone will do that. Then I don't know where that leaves PS.
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Faker wrote:I was excited, since I was expecting more of a world war 2 feel. Tranches and trowing grenades around was basically the fundamentals of world war 2. Hopefully they will implement this in the upcoming months. I am excited for the development of the mode but at the same time disappointed from the preview.
I dont know what are you talking now, but all of that is in the game.
This map in RL didnt have trenches,they used ditches and canals on which we fought .
From one ditch to another,exchanging bullets,people behind stone walls. Throwing nades,you just hear a nade rolling near you in ditch.
I will post footage soon
Iceman
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Iceman »

I am in hopefully it will turn out like squad and game I love wish I could play more and not just a crap shooter like all the rest .
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

First part,second coming later.
Youtube doesnt like Squad videos at all,kills the bitrate as hell. It looks shitty.
Second video looks a bit better though
JordyyFPS
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JordyyFPS »

Just my honest opinion, don't get offended.

For starters, it plays and it feels exactly like Squad, just with different skins on the players & weapons, The environment didn't feel like it was an authentic WW2 game. To bright, to happy, while WW2 were dark times. This makes me think this is a CTRL+C / CTRL+V from squad with different art/skins etc.

I noticed as I was watching 2 streams that the re-coil is heavily reduced, which also makes the game both easy & arcadish. I've been looking at the website aswell, and I've a feeling they want to "charge" for that product aswell, but keep in mind that we already own that product... Anyone can add different art/skins to a game. Let them stick to donations instead, to get some extra perks while playing this "MOD".

This is just my humble opinion though, I see a "MOD" here, not a full game.
And if they plan charging money for it, then they are just complete fools, as a MOD I would try it, just to see how it plays out, but seeing the exact same gameplay as Squad I would personally not play it. Plenty of other WW2 games that have the theme WW2 really well done.
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

lol Jordyy,if WW2 times were dark that doesnt mean the map should be dark.
Map is way better then any other Squad map that was made,like top level map.
You cant see people through folliage,grass,bushes like in Squad. You can use every element of the map for gameplay,broken walls,ditches,canals,open fields,forests,all buildings open etc.
You can see a lot of different options to one map.
Playing on an open field that is surrounded by MSR,forests,ditches,canals. Hard to hold.
Then you play inside the city,where there is a lot of buildings that all of them can be entered,with multiple floors.
Then there is a church on the hill.

I know you all think about ,yeah its reskined Squad and i agree it is now,with some small changes,more assets then Squad and top level map. And i was the first the wasnt hyped like others.
But after playing this yestrday,it brought to me that feel when i started playing Squad. Teamwork,adrenaline,and all that shit of WW2 going near you,with only 18vs18.
Lets wait until mod gets pass by alpha same as Squad and then see.
I guess they still havent decided if the game will be paid or not.