Post Scriptum - A standalone WW2 game

Faker

Re: Post Scriptum - A Squad WW2 Mod

Post by Faker »

I back Jordy's opinion completely. I felt like it was just skin modification with slight modifications on suppress system. I am very positive that this is most people's opinion. They should have shown something that was different not the same game with different looks. This is why I was disappointed. And you cannot escape with the fact that this is under development. They chose to show this, and it failed my expectations.

Even a mod, they should have made an effort to bring WW2 feel to the game and I did not felt it. But hopefully with development in progress they will realize that.
Last edited by Faker on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JordyyFPS
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JordyyFPS »

.Bole wrote:lol Jordyy,if WW2 times were dark that doesnt mean the map should be dark.
Map is way better then any other Squad map that was made,like top level map.
You cant see people through folliage,grass,bushes like in Squad. You can use every element of the map for gameplay,broken walls,ditches,canals,open fields,forests,all buildings open etc.
You can see a lot of different options to one map.
Playing on an open field that is surrounded by MSR,forests,ditches,canals. Hard to hold.
Then you play inside the city,where there is a lot of buildings that all of them can be entered,with multiple floors.
Then there is a church on the hill.

I know you all think about ,yeah its reskined Squad and i agree it is now,with some small changes,more assets then Squad and top level map. And i was the first the wasnt hyped like others.
But after playing this yestrday,it brought to me that feel when i started playing Squad. Teamwork,adrenaline,and all that shit of WW2 going near you,with only 18vs18.
Lets wait until mod gets pass by alpha same as Squad and then see.
I guess they still havent decided if the game will be paid or not.
I'm gonna re-skin Squad, and make it a Star Wars theme, Star Wars look-a-like maps, which should be easier on the UE4 engine and more optimized aswell!

I'm pretty harsh when it comes to judging games, and this one has just everything wrong..

Trailers looked F'ing amazing, but after seeing the gameplay it more looks like a ripoff. This is just my opinion though, I'd prefer to stick to the original in any game, this reminds me of GTA San Andreas in India, where they add
"Hulk" "Iron Man" "Wolverine" and sell a heavy modded game in the Store.. It just doesn't feel right..

I'd play Heroes & Generals anyday, even though it's arcadish, it feels like your in a WW2 map.
f*ck all the streams yesterday where in the Netherlands, I lived quite close to that area, never seen it that sunny there, only 2 weeks a year the sun comes through. :D
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Weather changed in last 70 years,its global warming issue :lol:
JordyyFPS
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JordyyFPS »

haha
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Was with youtube star :o

My match as Wehrmacht medic
Demonhun

Post by Demonhun »

Well that's exactly what I was expecting, a squad reskin, but they were also saying some stuff which is different like how stamina will work or the FOBs etc and vehicles work a bit different as well in terms of turret speed etc so it's not a complete clone , they're tweaking stuff so it makes sense. The fighting will be different as well because there's no assault rifles, you have long range and short range weapons hat are used for different purposes. Currently you can also carry around AT guns which is not in squad
Gonoreya [SLO]

Post by Gonoreya [SLO] »

:think:

Demonhun

Post by Demonhun »

Well he has a point cause they're doing adverts for a mod which isn't a mod and they're not telling them :p
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

I already said to you guys last week, it will be standalone with price tag. That might change if they get negative publicity,but thats how they are looking at it now.
Its a total conversion mod,but there are mods like that,that are paid also
Demonhun

Post by Demonhun »

Not the norm though to be fair, I've only met with one other paid example that works like this in mount and blade war and with napoleonic war and the Viking dlc
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Demonhun wrote:Not the norm though to be fair, I've only met with one other paid example that works like this in mount and blade war and with napoleonic war and the Viking dlc
Day of Infamy
Demonhun

Post by Demonhun »

Which is mostly dead
Emwyn

Post by Emwyn »

Demonhun wrote:Not the norm though to be fair, I've only met with one other paid example that works like this in mount and blade war and with napoleonic war and the Viking dlc
Rising Storm went from mod to dlc, and the reception was pretty good. Iron Front for Arma, which just fizzled out and very few people played.

I don't see the problem in a mod turning into a professional thing. They are still testing the waters and if this means a good end product why is this an issue? I paid alot for Squad because I wanted this game to happen (kickstarter), and so far money has been well spent. From how things are going I trust that the money i went in with will repay me several times back in pure playtime. You get what you pay for in every aspect of life, and public toilets tend to be dirty. I for one don't think that 30 euros (what I heard) is alot for something that can give me a couple hundred hours worth of gametime.

They don't really have any reputation as of now because they are pretty new. Everything that is this early in development will be rough and not final, from the looks of the videos from last playtest it looks alright. I suggest listening to interviews with the team.
Demonhun

Post by Demonhun »

I did, and I like that they're doing new ideas which I am liking more then Squad, but I am understanding why people are pissed about pricing because they should have just gotten the word out instantly that it wont be a mod but it will be a game.

Most probably, and this is what I think, is that they working on a mod and suddenly they realized "holy shit we are becoming famous and they are liking our progress more then Squad team" (general opinion out there was that). So then either their team or the Squad team reached out to the other to suggest that they monetize it and they split the money god knows what percentage goes where. So I have a huge feeling that this was a mod that got a huge positive inpact and they quickly cashed in on the hype (sort of), so you had people who were doing YouTube stuff about it suddenly realize that its going to be monetized and they were sort of "used", ins the sense that usually if you have a game and you want to advertise it, you pay a youtuber or whatever and it will be a sponsored video, or if the youtuber likes the game and is interested himself he might do it free to boost subscriber numbers or whatever. So now if the Youtuber had the chance of getting paid he lost it and now his only other choice is to keep making Post Scriptum videos to monetize those so they at least make money of those.

Yea a lot of crap going on :P Which wont affect me, I'm buying anyway but I'm understanding some peoples frustrations that is all

#Illuminati
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Demon ,friendly troll from neighbourhood is back.

I rather think they realised that with 15 people in dev team (half of what squad has) have figured out that they already did a lot of things and have planned huge changes and huge things,and that i surpassed the scope of what they planned.
Still they havent called i think at all a mod like usual mod,even website has poscriptumgame.com ,it has game in there.
Its from start a total conversion of Squad.
JordyyFPS
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JordyyFPS »

I'm not going to waste money on a game where I can't have a decent competetition.

Right now Squad is struggeling to get 1k players on at the same time, imagine if they release that one to divide the players even more. I've plenty of experience with communities, had my own with 2x the numbers squad has at this point, and it will probably die faster then you think.
.Bole

Post by .Bole »

Jordyy wrote:I'm not going to waste money on a game where I can't have a decent competetition.

Right now Squad is struggeling to get 1k players on at the same time, imagine if they release that one to divide the players even more. I've plenty of experience with communities, had my own with 2x the numbers squad has at this point, and it will probably die faster then you think.
Well who knows,tbh i wouldnt buy Post Scriptum to play it like we play Squad.
And post scriptum has an audience that doesnt play squad also,that only likes WW2. And this will be probably first proper large scale WW2 game,that is hardcore,tactical and teamwork oriented anyway. It will for sure benefit from some Squad/PR community that will bring teamwork to the game.

Squad will get more players once it gets finished and gets all the asset,i guess numbers will double. By looking at stats around 60k people play it across 2 weeks,thats not bad for EA game that doesnt get that big updates often like others.
Gonoreya [SLO]

Post by Gonoreya [SLO] »

Well,smaller scale hardcore tactical WW2 game called Day of Infamy is pretty much dead after 6-7 months

So i'm not so sure that PS will be great hit,and whispers about costing 30$ is not gonna help

just few random number from steam Community Hub,checked this minute

Insurgency 2425 in-game
Day of Infamy 303

Squad 1065

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 1200
Salti

Post by Salti »

You might find a number of RO players would be interested.
.Bole

Post by .Bole »