Heliborne

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
BabylonCome

Heliborne

Post by BabylonCome »

I'd been watching this game for a while thinking of getting it, well it was in the summer sale so I bought it..

It's an arcade (ish) COOP/TVT capture the flag type game but you fly helicopters..

It starts at level 1 which is early Veitnam birds and moves through to level 5 which is bang up to date modern budgies.. Currently, I'm just getting the level 2 ones sorted. There are 2 current factions, US and USSR and when playing online, you have to be in the correct faction - there's no mixing it up..

Each round last for 30 mins and you have to capture as many flags as possible over a grid. There are 3 types of choppers, light attack, heavy attack and transport. Light attack are small and nimble but cannot carry passengers, heavy attack are generally for defence or primary attack and again cannot carry passengers (unless certain Russian KA's). Transport are armed but slow to move and evade. To capture a flag first it has to be neutral, which means destroying any enemy units on the ground. Then the transport choppers come in and land to drop off troops to secure the flag. After some time, armour will move up to reinforce the flag and allow you to move onto the next one.

As you play each faction and type of chopper, you gain points which allows you to research and unlock the next level. Balancing is pretty basic, you can only fly level 2 choppers in a level 2 battle but last night at one point, there was me vs 3 US birds (due to disconnects). However, within about 5 mins, a few new joiners had balanced it back out again. Max I've seen so far is 8 vs 8 but most games have 4 vs 4 or 4 player COOP.

For the small price it is... I think its rather fun..
Blackmail

Re: Heliborne

Post by Blackmail »

how much is it at the moment?
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

£10.81 on Steam Sale... :D
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

If anyone up for it, I will be on later.. we can try out the COOP mode and even try getting RIP vs battles going... Show them how teamwork helps..
Blackmail

Post by Blackmail »

puh... 10 Euros is really a nice deal... But I already bought Battle Brothers :D

But I will certainly take a look at it
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Played quite a few rounds last night, including some with Lister. From that I can say this game is fun, might not last too long as it's a little wash/repeat but we did discover the TvT is hard and so is the COOP. But with a little teamwork, things happen much easier.. Was also great fun..