Ground Branch Event - VIP 29/05/2020 18.30 UTC

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
Haarfagr

Ground Branch Event - VIP 29/05/2020 18.30 UTC

Post by Haarfagr »

Image Short notice, I know! Hopefully we can give it a go.

VIP mode.
This is not in the game, and we're gonna have to make it ourselves. Will adapt it during the event, if we see things aren't working/balanced.

The purpose of this gamemode is for the RED team to get their VIP to the designated spot on the map. If the VIP get to it, or BLUE team is dead, RED team automatically wins. If VIP is dead, BLUE team wins.

VIP will have a limited kit which you can see in the picture below. He is allowed to pick up enemy or friendly weapons from the ground. Suppressed 1911 pistol only at the start of the round.

We'll start by playing some normal team Death match to warm up, then take a walk through the map we're gonna play VIP on, so everyone knows where to go. We will have to set some rules on where to spawn/not to spawn for each team.

We will play this in "Team Elimination", so if you die, you're dead for the whole round. Thinking timelimit per round of 5 - 10 minutes.

First map we're going to do is City. Pictures of the point the VIP need to get to below.
Image If the VIP get to the bottom of the stairs, RED team wins. Image Hallway showing the VIP point.

Rules for this map is that BLUE Team must always spawn underground. They are allowed to push up top, but not spawn there.
RED Team is the opposite, they must always spawn on the top.
Since we can't predict or set the spawns, it will happen that RED team only have spawns underground available etc. Then we will either let BLUE team be VIP that round, OR change the map hoping for better spawns.

Selection of VIP will be on a "whoever wants to" basis. If no one wants to, someone will be randomly selected :D
Not sure if we want to count wins, or just take each round as it is. At least thinking 5 rounds per side for the initial rounds. Other suggestions for scoring etc is welcome.

I'm planning on having another map ready for this, but want to stop the post here.
Minimum players needed I would say is 6, anywhere below that and we will just play normal PvP and Coop, or play Squad/PS as usual every friday. :)

Haarfagr

Re: Ground Branch Event - VIP 29/05/2020 18.30 UTC

Post by Haarfagr »

Alright. Looks like we have enough people, as long as everyone shows up :)

I'd recommend taking 10 minutes before to set up your kit etc. If you recently got the game, and haven't played yet, remember to go through settings and get to know the controls etc. I'm happy to help with questions or recommendations.

We might use in game voice if it works for everyone. TS is backup/if we feel that works better.

For kit rules I'd say both teams have a limit of 1-2 frag grenades per player, as in theory you can kit out your vest with a lot of them, and that will only make the game less fun.
No restrictions for anything else, but that might change if we see that something is too "op" or less fun.

Focus here is having fun, but I will encourage everyone to use teamwork, communication and "tactics". For me, that is the fun part :D
Matt

Post by Matt »

Funnily enough VIP mode is in the road map. So will eventually be even easier to organise in the future! Looking forward to this tonight.
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

Might be a little bit late