Why tank battle. Sucks in SQUAD

blackbird1000
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by blackbird1000 »

As the Clan fight 16-4

When you have tanks with it, it means that there is too little infantry.

You need at least 2 crews. Then you need TOW team for protection.

Tank Crews 2x3=6
TOW 2-3
Mortars 2
Logistics 4
In All - 15 people

Then your have 20 People left. = 2 and 1/2 Squad
Your ned 1 Squad to Protect.
And 1/2 Is dead, or is scattered all over the map. - As a minimum

Result. There is a maximum of only one squat, who can attack.
If it also meets tanks.

Then it becomes almost impossible to take a place. If it has just a little extended defense.
With so few units, not many people are killed either.

The result can be as yesterday. A little boring battles that are settled on time.
Just my Pointe. I think tanks can destroy the gameplay in SQUAD.
If not, more soldiers can come in when there are tanks. Maybe 100-110.
Or if not,- tanks become a limited resource as
Which either gets very costly in tickets, not respawn when they are destroyed

Or infantry gets weapons that easily destroy them. As laser guided bombs.

If someone thinks it's fun to drive a tank, then you can play WOT or AW. instead of destroying a good FPS.
If possible, I think we should limit map with tanks in the rotation.
And especially avoid them in clan matches.

Just my point and opinion. and thanks for fighting yesterday. /blackbird1000
Zul

Re: Why tank battle. Sucks in SQUAD

Post by Zul »

Well, that was certainly an interesting read. Let's start with the beginning and make our way down. I've marked yours in red because I CBA to quote every time.

When you have tanks with it, it means that there is too little infantry.'
There's only 1 mbt on each side on that layer, not multiple. And we stick 3 players inside them, so there are 33 players left. And the enemy does the same somewhat, either it's 2 or 3 for them.

You need at least 2 crews. Then you need TOW team for protection
1 Crew, 1 MBT. We don't need a TOW team either, 1 person is fully capable of manning one of those bad boys. And with how we're placing them, they're usually on an objective i.e. more central to the match. And remember, the enemy is doing the same thing.

Tank Crews 2x3=6
TOW 2-3
Mortars 2
Logistics 4
In All - 15 people

MBT Crew 3
TOW 1
Mortars aren't important for a tank = 0
Logi 1 to resupply a FOB with TOW/Repair station
Grand total of 5, not 15.

Then your have 20 People left. = 2 and 1/2 Squad
Your ned 1 Squad to Protect.
And 1/2 Is dead, or is scattered all over the map. - As a minimum

31 people left. And if I recall correctly, there were 4 infantry squads - might only have been 3, didn't notice - and not 2 and a half squad. And we do indeed need 1 squad to protect our objective, we would presumably be in a worse situation if we didn't. From what I saw yesterday, we didn't have anyone scattered out far, so those that were dead were either defending or attacking. That leaves us with at least 2 squads that could attack. And not 1 squad as you state later.

Result. There is a maximum of only one squat, who can attack.
If it also meets tanks.

Then it becomes almost impossible to take a place. If it has just a little extended defense.
With so few units, not many people are killed either.

Indeed, if infantry encounter an MBT, they are screwed. Same goes for when the enemy meets ours. Furthermore, if we as a team encounter an MBT, we got valuable intel on where it is and can try to take it down.

The result can be as yesterday. A little boring battles that are settled on time.
Just my Pointe. I think tanks can destroy the gameplay in SQUAD.
If not, more soldiers can come in when there are tanks. Maybe 100-110.
Or if not,- tanks become a limited resource as
Which either gets very costly in tickets, not respawn when they are destroyed

Or infantry gets weapons that easily destroy them. As laser guided bombs.

The match on Tuesday certainly wasn't boring, for me at least, and I doubt the tanks were the deciding factor for why we played until the round ended. But in my eyes, lasting an hour and 30 minutes is good. Also, not having main battle tanks in the game is not the reason why the servers aren't 100+, or at least it shouldn't be. And I hope I'm correct in that matter because I'm gonna laugh if that is the real reason. The main battle tanks have 20(?) minute respawn time, because they are superior to infantry, and therefore it wouldn't be fun if the respawned instantly. Also the reason why they cost a lot of tickets. And the worst weapon the enemy gets is TOW emplacements (or 2 shot ammo rack), same as us.

If someone thinks it's fun to drive a tank, then you can play WOT or AW. instead of destroying a good FPS.

You're forgetting that Squad is a game that, and I quote from the steam webpage, "seeks to bridge the large gap between arcade shooter and military simulation. Large scale, combined arms combat, base building, and a great integrated VoIP system." It's not Call of Duty.

If possible, I think we should limit map with tanks in the rotation.
And especially avoid them in clan matches.

Fair opinion, but why stop at main battle tanks. You could argue that IFV's require the same amount of people (minus the commander, but are also weaker), and should therefore also be avoided. Perhaps we could just play on a map version of Sumari without any armoured vehicles, forever and ever. To get that real Call of Duty experience.
bbn

Re: Why tank battle. Sucks in SQUAD

Post by bbn »

Zul wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:42 pm Perhaps we could just play on a map version of Sumari without any armoured vehicles, forever and ever. To get that real Call of Duty experience.
i lol'd :D but to be serious, you sum it up very well Zul. i personally do not see it as such a big problem as blackbird's trying to make it.
that's me, though