Armour

H2ORogueRoo

Armour

Post by H2ORogueRoo »

On Thursday the 4th of July us in the armoured section are gonna be running some training and practice drills and would love to have more people to join us and help us learn and practise with the benefit of learning yourself. The session with be at 1930 BST and will run for about an hour.

The more people interested and turn up the bigger the training session.

Please post your names below if interested and also if you have any with particular you wanna practise/learn

Cheers

The Armoured section

Haarfagr

Re: Armour

Post by Haarfagr »

I'm interested!
I've rarely used armor, and feel like I need, and want, to get a bit better at it.
UnholyMuffin
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by UnholyMuffin »

Might hop on, not sure if i will have to work or not :)
★SR. Recruitment Officer★
RickieAOM
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by RickieAOM »

I'm probably not there in the game, depending on whether I can get my GPU to work with me, which is unlikely at this stage.
I will be attending the voice chat of this though, even if I have to do it over my TS3 app on my phone.
Ash_Price

Post by Ash_Price »

I'd love to join up! Nothing better than the roaring engines and the thundering sound of the cannons! So I'll be attending :)
KillingJoke

Post by KillingJoke »

I'd be interested too but given I'm fresh meat I'm yet to complete any of courses which would preclude me, if memory serves.
RickieAOM
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by RickieAOM »

KillingJoke wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:43 pm I'd be interested too but given I'm fresh meat I'm yet to complete any of courses which would preclude me, if memory serves.
Hi KillingJoke,

Don't worry, this is not an official course. This is an unofficial training given by one of the armoured members so it's free to join for anyone. Please join us if you would like to do so.
VikingAshby

Post by VikingAshby »

I'll be there !
Laeknir

Post by Laeknir »

yes.
carpet.lover
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by carpet.lover »

Sure
KillingJoke

Post by KillingJoke »

All being well I'll see you there tomorrow.
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

- Haarfagr
- UnholyMuffin (maybe)
- RickieAOM (if GPU works)
- Ash_Price
- KillingJoke
- VikingAshby
- Laeknir
- carpet.lover
- CaZ
-
-
-
MORAQI

Post by MORAQI »

- Haarfagr
- UnholyMuffin (maybe)
- Ash_Price
- KillingJoke
- VikingAshby
- Laeknir
- carpet.lover
- CaZ
- IRAQI_BOY_X
-
-
alishooter

Post by alishooter »

- Haarfagr
- UnholyMuffin (maybe)
- Ash_Price
- KillingJoke
- VikingAshby
- Laeknir
- carpet.lover
- CaZ
- IRAQI_BOY_X
- alishooter
-
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

Thanks for the session RogueRoo! Was good fun and very useful understanding certain mechanics. Especially the Abram weak spot once its tracks are down.

The stationary tank battle was quite useful for practicing aim and the 3v3 tank battle on Fools road provided good practice in gunnery, coms and positioning.

I would like to practice more engagements with stationary and moving targets as well as with or without obstacles. Also a great opportunity for practicing the AT role.

Some ideas for a future sessions:
- 2v2 tank battle in turns on Jensen's with burnt out vehicles covering the field.
- Shooting fast moving targets while stationary.
- Shoot - reverse maneuver like these clips demonstrate:

- 3 BTRs vs 3 Strikers on Jensen's or any decent map.
- A squad of ATs + Engineer facing 2 tanks or 2 APC accompanied by 2-3 infantry. If we can do it on a Skirmish it would be sweet.
- 2v2 x 2 tanks on Talil. Each 2v2 battle can take place on the West and East side of the map simultaneously.

Ofc Tank battles are fun as hell but they can drag out on time. The session was suppose to be roughly 1h but lasted almost 2h.

I would probably split it a bit for instance;
19:30 - 20:00 sound awareness and basic armor info.
20:00 - 21:00 armor battle simulations.

Then people can choose to join the part they need / desire training in.

As I am also sometimes an SL for 3 armored vehicles in 1 squad, I would also like to explore and develop better doctrines when facing armor or infantry. Such as improving formations, gunnery and understanding the screams of call outs with 3 loud engines in the background.

But overall really good job, great turnover and really enjoyed it. I'd be happy to join a weekly session if we can squeeze it down to 1h.
carpet.lover
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by carpet.lover »

After getting ambushed I will never complain about someone loosing a tank. Great training I've learned a lot about using and destroying tanks 8-)

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6003 przy użyciu Tapatalka