Server 2 skirmish

mti_

Re: Server 2 skirmish

Post by mti_ »

I somewhat dimly remember hearing about this on Friday night and I think I too went on a rant.
Personally not a regular on that server but the rules that OWI is looking to implement seem more of a peril for the community than a boon.
It is almost as if they are looking to shut down smaller communities in order to centralize "the Squad experience" but that seems not very intuitive at all.
I wonder how they plan to control and enforce that rule and what the result would be for communities that can not comply.

I appreciate that RIP wants to do their best to maintain their status but I think we should be calm and see what comes of it.
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

At the moment the server has reverted back to being unlicensed but still operational.

We are listening to the public players and we are seeing what we can come up with so we can meet the new rule for this server.

Watch this space...
dan958

Post by dan958 »

Glad to see that it is still up for now. I only recently starting playing Skirmish, and I was having a blast playing on your server this weekend.
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

BearBison wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:19 am At the moment the server has reverted back to being unlicensed but still operational.

We are listening to the public players and we are seeing what we can come up with so we can meet the new rule for this server.

Watch this space...

Thanks BearBison for the update.

Does this mean the server is now listed in "Custom Servers" or still in the normal area on squad ?
Planetgong
Captain
Captain

Post by Planetgong »

Should be under customs now
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

Ah damn. That's a shame, it'll never fill up in there.
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

*** MAJOR UPDATE *** OK, we have had members agree to maintain an admin presence during the servers core hours (along with our monitoring from BattleMetrics).

As such, I have requested and received a new license, which has now been applied to the server.

Grumps82 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:41 am Ah damn. That's a shame, it'll never fill up in there.

As per above announcement, it is back in licensed so play and enjoy.
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

I love you. In fact I love all of you.

Thank you guys. Genuinely appreciate all efforts involved.
baxter

Post by baxter »

Can i just say on behalf of everyone who helped me and grumps start this little movement, thank you so much to all off you RIP guys. The response and involvment of you has been amazing.

Use have taken the time to engage with us and give us your time and effort to keep this server going.

It just shows what a strong community can achieve when resources are brought together.

So thank you all for the effort.

Hope to see you guys on the battlefield.

#skirmish=saved
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

Looking forward to getting home later and getting some games going. This weekend was superb, some really good games and some extremely close finishes.
dan958

Post by dan958 »

Happy to hear the good news! I will be on later today, after work.
Krypton56

Post by Krypton56 »

Very happy too see the server has been kept well done rip!
Megahurtz

Post by Megahurtz »

Great news that the server is back online!

Wish I wasn’t working away this week now! :(
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

Afternoon all.

Just a quick question.

Do you think it is possible to add one of the fools road layers to the server along with a Talil layer, and remove that God awful Al Basrah layer (The one that runs east to west) ??

Just a thought. Thanks again for all your efforts.
Azp3n

Post by Azp3n »

I made the map rotation and this is how it looks at the moment:

Mestia Skirmish v1
Al Basrah Skirmish v1
Belaya Skirmish v1
Gorodok Skirmish v1
Kamdesh Skirmish v1
Fools Road Skirmish v1
Kokan Valley Skirmish v1
Narva Skirmish v1
Al Basrah Skirmish v2
Skorpo Skirmish v1
Talil Outskirts Skirmish v2
Yehorivka Skirmish v1
Sumari Skirmish v1
Kohat Skirmish v1
Logar Valley Skirmish v1
Fools Road Skirmish v2
Chora Skirmish v1
Talil Outskirts Skirmish v1
Yehorivka Skirmish v2

The rotation starts randomly everyday and then just go according to the list.
The rotation is done so that you never will play the same faction twice and is a pain to fit in.
All the maps and versions of skirmish is added to the rotation aswell (if not there’s a new one and we Havent added it yet).
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

EDIT: Ninja'd by Azp3n, serves me right for taking too long to post it :D
Grumps82 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:43 pmDo you think it is possible to add one of the fools road layers to the server along with a Talil layer, and remove that God awful Al Basrah layer (The one that runs east to west) ??

All Skirmish layers are in the rotation and each day the rotation starts at a different point so you shouldn't see the maps more often than 1 in 19.

Current rotation is:

Code: Select all

Mestia Skirmish v1
Al Basrah Skirmish v1
Belaya Skirmish v1
Gorodok Skirmish v1
Kamdesh Skirmish v1
Fools Road Skirmish v1
Kokan Valley Skirmish v1
Narva Skirmish v1
Al Basrah Skirmish v2
Skorpo Skirmish v1
Talil Outskirts Skirmish v2
Yehorivka Skirmish v1
Sumari Skirmish v1
Kohat Skirmish v1
Logar Valley Skirmish v1
Fools Road Skirmish v2
Chora Skirmish v1
Talil Outskirts Skirmish v1
Yehorivka Skirmish v2
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

Oh apologies in that case.

In 63 hours I've never seen Fools road or Talil. Better out some more hours in :D
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

Azp3n kindly have another look at the rotation. I've played Skorpo and Chora several times and never seen Talil Outskirts Skirmish v1 or v2 come up after it.
Azp3n

Post by Azp3n »

That's up to CS. Höllenfeuer were drunk when he implemented it. I just gave him the list, he added it to the server :D
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

Azp3n wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:38 pm That's up to CS. Höllenfeuer were drunk when he implemented it. I just gave him the list, he added it to the server :D
Haha thank you :D