Game settings

FopaUK

Game settings

Post by FopaUK »

I have had a few hours on the game now and it is clearly apparent that running everything on Epic (ROG STRIX 2081TI OC) ) is not overly productive for seeing enemies, but yer decent for eye candy! So it led me to do a little bit of research as in the grand scheme of all things online gaming, there are those who cant run at such settings and those that will run at optimal settings for performance regardless of hardware.

I would be interested in what people tend to opt for here, i have taken on board a few settings from videos etc and also noticed that the game config is not accessible like it used to be years ago when i PC gamed.

Any advice/suggestions greatly received.
Dildo McBaggins

Re: Game settings

Post by Dildo McBaggins »

It doesn’t matter what settings you have. The first little while it’s gunna feel like the trees and bushes have guns. There is a bit of learning curve as far as spotting enemies.

With my old potato pc,I had my setting at low except view distance and shadows. Those were set higher for matches. I had this for around 1500 hours. Could spot the slightest movement/enemies.

When I built a new pc. I cranked em all up to epic. Wanted it to look good. It was like being a new player again. Couldn’t spot jack sh*t. Trees shooting me type thing. After a little bit. I was back to being able to spot enemies.

What I’m trying to say. Just stick with the settings you like the look of. You’ll get used to it.

When you are new, stick with your SL. Try to look and scan where he/she is looking. Check your map often(I check mine pretty much every 5 secs lol.). Look where enemy markers are added in relation to the older markers, this will help you predict where the enemies are moving from and to.

Also remember to slow down. When moving,every once and a while. Just stop in cover and scan for movement. Don’t freelook or anything. Just scan your screen for pixels moving.

Don’t stress it. It will get better, you’ll learn the maps and the common routes players take etc. Soon you’ll be the tree with a gun ;)

Best of luck and happy fragging :)

Wanted to add. We have a basic/advanced training course that is open to all RIP members. That really helps new players. So if you are on the fence about joining....hint hint ;)
FopaUK

Re: Game settings

Post by FopaUK »

That's great advice, thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed reply. I am looking to join, and will sort that shortly as i have been waiting for work to wind down a little due to what is going on at the moment.

Thanks again!