Kinda wholesome random experience

KyleSB

Kinda wholesome random experience

Post by KyleSB »

Little story: Got dumped in as squad lead after being AFK (because of a phonecall and SL left/switched me) with a bunch of non-RIP blueberries. Just so happened some of them were taking digs at the friday night RIP thing (as sometimes happens on a friday) and being a bit assey about it. They also tried to say this was a "non RIP" squad, so I laughed and said sorry guys, that isnt a thing as far as Im concerned and Im staying, but Ill do my best to help.

I'm a rubbish squad lead but tried my best for the clans reputation and think I did a good job of turning them around. (One other RIP guy turned up in the squad later on, but left him to his own devices cos he's a cool guy.) Anyway, kind of got them to calm down a bit through patience and explaining how RIP fridays work etc.

Next map, randomly bumped into the same guys (blueberries this time) and they had totally changed their tone and were actively participating and asking for help from me, a medic this time in Vipers squad, and were showing far more willing to follow and learn and asking me to tell them what to do without being funny about it.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but its something like holding my breath and dealing with them with patience won the day, or something. Was just a positive experience in the end (and not intended to be self-serving as that isnt something I ever do) and felt compelled to share.

Happy birthday Mired :P
Mr-Zicko
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Re: Kinda wholesome random experience

Post by Mr-Zicko »

Well done, that's awesome mate.

Patience is the way to go (sometimes :roll:).

Happy birthday Mired!
bbn

Post by bbn »

i'm just here to wish mired a happy birthday..!

on topic; that's good man, keep your head up and your positivity (and patience) will spread onto others too :D
Mired

Post by Mired »

I hate you all. /s
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

Kyle, your reaction to those players is the mark of a true RIP member! Your actions embody the RIP ethos of friendship, fairness and fun :clap:

You turned a bad situation in to something good and positive. You made friends instead of enemies, happy players instead of kicks and bans.

Keep up the good work my friend! :handgestures-salute:

(Happy Birthday Mired!)
★Clan Mother★
SkUrK3N
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by SkUrK3N »

Good job Kyle👍
Tony Montana

Post by Tony Montana »

Mired wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:04 am I hate you all. /s
Happy birthday my G
VoidProxy

Post by VoidProxy »

Exactly how it should be handled! I tip my hat to you Kyle

Happy Birthday Mired
Iglo

Post by Iglo »

That's an awesome story, well done!
KyleSB

Post by KyleSB »

Thanks for the positive comments all, and taking the time to respond :handgestures-salute:

Mired wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:04 am I hate you all. /s

Even you Mired