A night of Helping new players?

Geoffwill
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

A night of Helping new players?

Post by Geoffwill »

Hey folks, I’m not saying I’m a pro at EFT or anything but I have put a fair bit of time into it, I should have enough knowledge to get new players started. Who would be down for some help? If everyone is happy enough learning on there own then all good. I no it’s a hard learning curve tho if anyone is interested.
Hunchback
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: A night of Helping new players?

Post by Hunchback »

I got the game ~1 week ago, i've been watching a lot of videos and streams and shit so i kinda got the "basics" down, but i still lack a lot of knowledge about maps, shortcuts, loot spots, optimal weapon setups etc... So yeah, i am definitely interested in all you can offer :)
xoF

Post by xoF »

Let me know when you guys will be doing the runs, would deffo be interested in gameplay of people with more knowledge
Trixy
Captain
Captain

Post by Trixy »

Nice offer Geoff! Maybe someday we can get a platoon going :D
★Initial Training Group CO★
There is no better education than adversity
Hunchback
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hunchback »

We currently have a group of 3-4 people doing (sometimes successful) runs :)
Raw
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raw »

Old tarkov player returning, would love it to share my map knowledge with others together with some good loot spots. If you could help me out on Reserve, that would be awesome!

Maybe we can get 5 man groups running interchange or shoreline whenever we have all the keys? I got most of the interchange keys atm, and currently saving up for the labs keys to start running labs again.
Hunchback
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hunchback »

Every time i am on and have the time to actually play i pop in the TS room, we should all try to do it and help each other out.
Raw
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raw »

And once everyone has enough game knowledge / is comfortable with the game, we can do a small internal tournament. Offline group raids in labs, FFA 5 man in labs. Something like this will be beneficial for all. Would be so awesome to get that going :D
Azp3n
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Azp3n »

In considering returning but the rumours says that everyone is running around with level 5 gear and new players will get recked.

Onwards and upwards
Hollenfeuer
Captain
Captain

Post by Hollenfeuer »

Azp3n wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:20 am In considering returning but the rumours says that everyone is running around with level 5 gear and new players will get recked.
I can confirm this, after a fresh install and after 6 raids, my only successful raid was a scav run and the only reason I survived was I didn’t know where the scav exfil point was so with less than 10 mins left I kept running around the outside of the map till I extracted.

Not to mention the countless bugs now on the character and traders menus, this game is buggier than ever!!

Warn, Kick....BAN!
Hunchback
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hunchback »

I believe there are many thicc bois atm, that's what most people say. However, as you probably know, we just had a ~7 days of insanity on Twitch with tons of free drops for watching streams. Tarkov hit TOP1 on Twitch and stayed there for basically the whole duration of the event, so a million new players have joined. That's what's causing the charcater/NPC/interface bugs mostly, apparently the servers are completely cracking from the insane load.

So what that means is that there's a whole bunch of newbies like me, running low/mid tier gear and learning. In my 10-15 days experience with the game i've ran way more often into similarly geared people than full-on terminators. Keep in mind that this might also be because i play Customs and Factory only for now, maybe higher tier maps have higher geared people too.
S8SAssassin

Post by S8SAssassin »

Didn’t realise so many people had the game, used to be just me and emwyn running around the dark streets of tarkov pissing about.

Raw, offline is solo only may add the feature of group raids.

Playing as a group is pretty hard when you don’t know how each other plays as u will be TK’d quite a bit in the beginning.

Played a few times this patch, not played the new map I also not doing the tasks as I cba for the same crappy ones every wipe.

Happy to assist if people want a hand.
Raw
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raw »

S8SAssassin wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:51 am Didn’t realise so many people had the game, used to be just me and emwyn running around the dark streets of tarkov pissing about.

Raw, offline is solo only may add the feature of group raids.

Playing as a group is pretty hard when you don’t know how each other plays as u will be TK’d quite a bit in the beginning.

Played a few times this patch, not played the new map I also not doing the tasks as I cba for the same crappy ones every wipe.

Happy to assist if people want a hand.
Thought you could do offline with a group still but could be wrong on my end.

We did many raids together before, Geoff, Dagger, Dultras, Emwyn and you, Panther and whoever I forget doing lab runs camping in boiler room. We can get this going again after the servers have sorted themselves. Lots of fresh players have joined now, plenty of mid-levels and some fully geared beasts. Game is still playable right now and a wipe is likely to happen in march.

Can still feel the pain when panther killed me at the extract on interchange :D

But let's get some sessions going over the next week.
Hunchback
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hunchback »

We did have one TK incident, but tbh even pros would have probably fallen for it - We were 3, assaulting Dorms on Customs from one of the side doors of the first floor. One guy was breaching, i was behind him and our third was in the bush a bit out. We were all low/mid geared and we had even bought arm bands to distinguish ourselves... Our first guy opened the door, shots were fired and he started backing out. Since i was right behind him, i backed out to let him escape, at the same time the enemy inside actually rushed the f*ck out of us and actually walked on top of our first guy's head for a second or two (who was now on the ground level). The enemy dude was dressed exactly like us and everyone was shooting and running and trying to figure out wtf is going on... that's when our 3rd guy killed me cause he couldn't really know which one is which...

Still was fun tho :D
S8SAssassin

Post by S8SAssassin »

Dorms is always a cluster fudge just for that one room and the quests. Those arm bands are rubbish you can barely see them when geared.
Geoffwill
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Geoffwill »

There are plenty of fully geared players running around but 1 shot to the head is all it takes, plus u have the hunter which is easy enough got and 3taps most high end armours with m80. I wouldn't say it was bugs you were experiencing as such but the millions of also new players playing because of the drops as stated which caused the servers to shit themselves. They did have a message stating this on the launcher though.

Anyway back to the helping new players, I'm down to help New players but need to arrange a night.

Maybe Thursday or Friday?
Hunchback
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hunchback »

Thursday is ok with me, ideally after 8PM GMT. Gotta get dinner and shit done first, before being free to dedicate some actual time to anything that's not "random runs" or simple games...
Raw
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raw »

Thursday works for me as well, I'll be there after 6pm gmt. Maybe we can get some early learnings going. I could help with interchange and labs if people wish so. Suggesting interchange since it's a good map to learn on with tons of good loot :)
Geoffwill
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Geoffwill »

I’m don’t no labs that well but I no the rest of the maps. Can also help with missions, like the customs office then factory drop of 1 if anyone hasn’t done that yet. I would say the first couple maps to get good at are Customs, shoreline and interchange though as thats were most the missions are.
Geoffwill
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Geoffwill »

Can also show spawn points as that’s a big part of it, you no were you might get pushed from on different maps at the start.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information