My first ever video.

xoF

My first ever video.

Post by xoF »

So I made my first ever video containing few crucial informations for me that I think would help people decide about buying or not buying tarkov
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmsVh7a6J7w

Let me guys know what you think about sound/video quality.

First time using DaVinci Resolve and I feel like either my voice or audio quality or worse than it should be compared to teamspeak/stream
Hunchback
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: My first ever video.

Post by Hunchback »

Fix your grammar errors in the description of the video :)

Will watch it tomorrow and give you feedback on the content.
Hunchback
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hunchback »

Ok, saw the video here's what i think:

Content - Good information, you talked about almost everything important except the player-run market, which i believe is a pretty big part of the game too. Not sure you touched on the quests either. The structure and ordering of the topics was not perfect, but i believe that someone who hasn't played the game will get a decent idea of what it's all about. I'd talk a bit more about the actual gameplay and goals in game - One of the things that i didn't get at all before starting is the whole "Extract" aspect, i didn't know what happens if you just stay in the map to the end of the timer, etc, and how and where you can extract.

Presentation - Other than the errors i told you about on Discord (which you also did quite a few times in the text and voice part of the video too), you talk clearly and are well articulated. Very soft and slow tho, sometimes the music seemed to overpower your voice. To be honest i am not sure people would watch the video to the end because of the pacing of your voice - Not saying you have to be all "explosive" and "sensational" but try to add a bit more life in your talking, make it a bit more passionate.

Editing - Not bad at all, especially if it's your first video! Good job on showing the different stashes and containers, prices etc.
Do you have the rights to use the footage in the background? Making the background video blurry is not a bad idea when showing text etc on top of it, but having it that way all the time looks weird and a few times got me wondering if it's not my YT bugging out and not loading the full-resolution version. Might be the wrong filter, what you used looks pixalated and "low res" instead of "in the background / out of focus" blurry.

That's my honest feedback, hope you don't mind it and HF with your next video :)
Lexhy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Lexhy »

Dat some good feedback

Cool video xoF!

My suggestion is to make it more snappy. Fewer pauses, constantly have something going on. You have a great voice for these videos, so I think you can really get somewhere if you continue this

★Media 2IC★
cloakZA
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by cloakZA »

Great Video xoF,

A bit slow pacing and a couple of grammatical errors, but great given your native language isn't English.

The audio was VERY soft for me (Normally I have volume at around 25 - 30% for youtube videos, had yours on 100% for the most part)

Did you use Resolve to record the audio? If no, then I'd recommend it. Fairlight can do some really good quality voice over style recordings and if you have your musical track and voice over tracks as separate audio channels, it is super easy to balance out your music volume so you don't overpower your voice over
CaZ
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by CaZ »

Nice video fox, honestly I think you sound more natural when you are grumpy and you trying to sound normal just seems weird. I would go with being as grumpy as you are on TS. That's you and I think people would enjoy that and it would make your channel unique. Just be your grumpy old self. Kinda like that The Cynical Brit dude.

Also the audio is really low and there's not enough strawberries 😘
xoF

Post by xoF »

CaZ wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:47 pm Nice video fox, honestly I think you sound more natural when you are grumpy and you trying to sound normal just seems weird. I would go with being as grumpy as you are on TS. That's you and I think people would enjoy that and it would make your channel unique. Just be your grumpy old self. Kinda like that The Cynical Brit dude.

Also the audio is really low and there's not enough strawberries 😘
I'm still trying to set up microphone properly in DaVinci but for some reason with same settings/filters as on my stream it sounds completely different, once I nail it properly I'll be as grumpy as you can take, pff more than you can take :D :D

cloakZA wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:15 pm Great Video xoF,

A bit slow pacing and a couple of grammatical errors, but great given your native language isn't English.

The audio was VERY soft for me (Normally I have volume at around 25 - 30% for youtube videos, had yours on 100% for the most part)

Did you use Resolve to record the audio? If no, then I'd recommend it. Fairlight can do some really good quality voice over style recordings and if you have your musical track and voice over tracks as separate audio channels, it is super easy to balance out your music volume so you don't overpower your voice over
About the volume having to be on 100% for you. Seems weird to me, all audio tracks were at 75% of their original volume and my voice was at around -15-20dB to hide all static noise (noise reduction doesn't do anything for some reason)
I actually found audio bit lacking myself, yes I did use Fairlight in resolve to record the audio. I do have same settings set as I do in Streamlabs OBS (filters) and my microphone sounds well yea a bit way too "soft".
Also yea I had all audio tracks on different audio channels so I could lower volumes of different sounds/music separately.
I did try to find some guides on the audio but all of them are the same. I think the issue lies in my XLR microphone but if that would be the case then it would also be horrible on stream.
If you got any tips or got experience with Resolve (how to set audio to be very clear) then please hit me up in your spare time ;)

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information