Enlisted 《》 WW2 shooter (yeah, another one)

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
Nachthuiver

Enlisted 《》 WW2 shooter (yeah, another one)

Post by Nachthuiver »

https://enlisted.net/en/#!/

Free to play....open beta
Dougie.C

Re: Enlisted 《》 WW2 shooter (yeah, another one)

Post by Dougie.C »

Think Geoff put a few hours on this one recently...
Hunchback

Post by Hunchback »

It's not as bad as one might expect from a Russian F2P game.
It IS extremely grindy, but unlike WT/WoT, it's kinda balanced since (so far) there are no uber weapons, p2w ammo and other similar shit.

The game is ultra arcade-y tho, with mindless AI and basic mechanics. However it also somewhat "hardcore" in terms of TTK, ammo and healing mechanics etc. It's a nice "mindless fun" solution to waste 30 mins on when you don't feel like playing anything "serious" but want to casually shoot a bit.
Sadly, the vehicles (planes and tanks) are very basic, even tho the game is technically "warthunder with infantry" and the engine is the same. I hope they merge everything together in the end and keep the more complex tank and plane gameplay of the original game, with infantry slapped on top.
ArcticWombat

Post by ArcticWombat »

"mindless fun" is probably the way I would describe it too. With all the bots everywhere it feels like your playing a single player game on easy mode.

If you want the 'somewhat hardcore but casual' WW2 game then I've gotta say, for all its flaws, Battlefield V is a much, much better game. And EA are literally giving it away at this point. Its currently only £8 on origin and free on PS4 for PS plus users.

They fixed (most of) the issues from its troubled launch. TTK is now in a pretty good place and it actually feels like it (finally) has a decent amount of content. Way better gunplay and pretty balanced vehicle gameplay too that feels like it has some skill to it.

Unfortunately the progression system is very weak, so if you want to grind and grind then play Enlisted all day long :handgestures-salute:
Hunchback

Post by Hunchback »

I saw some vids of BF V when it came out and it seemed like people run at 60km/h with an HMG or RPG, vault and hipfire like it's Quake... So i've never considered it.
Of course, the usual EA bullshit of "game for 60, then 6 expansions for 10 more each" has been keeping me off BF since BF4.

I miss BF2 and Vietnam, used to be the shit. :(
ArcticWombat

Post by ArcticWombat »

Hunchback wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:40 pm
Of course, the usual EA bullshit of "game for 60, then 6 expansions for 10 more each" has been keeping me off BF since BF4.
Tbh I got all the BF4 and BF1 expansions for free. They seem to always give them out for free when they are about to announce a new battlefield game.

Probably best just waiting for the game to be out a year, then you get a heavy discount and you don't have to spend a year waiting for the slow drip feed of new content