Icarus

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
Jupiter Brown

Icarus

Post by Jupiter Brown »

Is anyone braver than me and bought the game for the open beta?

Obviously, this is the DayZ developer's next venture, and considering that DayZ standalone is still pretty awful after however many years, I'm very skeptical about the amount of content in this game or gameplay loop... but I do love survival/crafting games, so pretty curious.

Fordy

Re: Icarus

Post by Fordy »

I keep changing my mind for the same reasons.... I am sure I will give in.
Jupiter Brown

Post by Jupiter Brown »

Looking at the videos that youtubers are doing (PartiallyRoyal is doing a series on it, and talks about it positively) it does look good, but would like to know what the long term progression is like.

I've made the decision to wait until Nov, or whenever it is meant to come out - but let me know if you'll take the plunge.
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

Dean Hall was the creator of Dayz, he left pretty early in development so the shit show that's Dayz isn't really anything to do with him, that's all Bohemia Interactive, but yeah it's still early access so unless you have to play it or you will die just wait for some more updates. BUT, if you do get it please update this with your thoughts on it.

Cheers big ears.
Bowie xx
Jupiter Brown

Post by Jupiter Brown »

Bowie wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:55 am Dean Hall was the creator of Dayz, he left pretty early in development so the shit show that's Dayz isn't really anything to do with him, that's all Bohemia Interactive
Oh, alright. So, he's been shit on unfairly all these years? Poor guy, because that's the whole reason I'm extremely skeptical of this game.