Foxhole?

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
Hunchback

Foxhole?

Post by Hunchback »

Do we have a Foxhole regiment going on?
It seems to be "the perfect game" for a clan like RIP, in complement to Squad and (not defunct) Post Scriptum...
I am heavily pondering getting this game, it looks exactly up my alley, reminds me of aaaaaaages old "Infantry" game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_(video_game))
UnholyMuffin
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: Foxhole?

Post by UnholyMuffin »

I've considered getting it for a while now. Looks really good and i have to say, i did enjoy the videos MoiDawg made on it :)
★SR. Recruitment Officer★
Hunchback

Post by Hunchback »

I bought it, will explore tonight and see what's what.
Hope we can get a RIP thing going on, as far as i see it's really a team-based game and i don't wonna go looking for other clans :/
DonPoedel

Post by DonPoedel »

I have it and installed, play sometimes in the later hours
Blind Owl
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Post by Blind Owl »

I've also been interested playing with a group in foxhole. I've pretty much overplayed the solo aspect. The new update looks pretty goooood.

I suppose the main question is what faction?
Jupiter Brown

Post by Jupiter Brown »

It is a game that I've been meaning to learn for about a year. Yes please.

Is it worth having a couple of events?
thomas.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by thomas. »

Yeah I'd be down for joining. I've played for about ~10 hours but I feel like it's a game that would benefit greatly from playing in a group.
mti_

Post by mti_ »

I picked it up the other day as I was quite intrigued.
Need to find someone with the knowledge to teach me how to play in a way I will actually enjoy.
Just spawning in with 50 other guys in the same spot repeatedly and fighting over the same trenches for half an hour was boring.

e: Oh, I joined the Allied faction btw
Hunchback

Post by Hunchback »

I started on Charly, as the Nazis... erm, i mean the Wardens.

I am using my regular Steam name - [RIP] Hunchback

Is there a "friends" option? I see that to create a regiment you need to have a certain rank ingame... which will take a while to unlock i guess.

edit: this channel seems a pretty good source of info about the game - https://www.youtube.com/c/FreerkHoltes/videos
I am currently slowly back-logging these and other videos and also reading through the official(?) wiki on fandom...
Sawboss
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Sawboss »

I know roughly how everything works, but I don't really play enough any more to be organised with logistics and things. I'd be up for an event though, maybe we could go partisan-ing depending on the current state of the map, I have no idea what is researched, where the front lines are, etc.
UnholyMuffin
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by UnholyMuffin »

Well, I'd be around coming monday, wednesday and thursday evening. Could do a little session then? If you want to set up an event foor the event page, even better :) Good thing about the game is that poeple can drop in whenever ^^
★SR. Recruitment Officer★
Lexhy

Post by Lexhy »

Been some attempts to have a rip group in recent years, but never stuck past a session or two
DonPoedel

Post by DonPoedel »

Lexhy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:50 pm Been some attempts to have a rip group in recent years, but never stuck past a session or two
Usually yes, because we dont have anyone to teach us the actual game.
Lias

Post by Lias »

I'd be down for an event now and then. A partisan party of 10-20 people would be fun