12 dlive Treasure Island

This forum is where public players can post links to their missions to be added to our server.
destroyerlive

12 dlive Treasure Island

Post by destroyerlive »

Oringinal post by Dave_the_Rave..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5y8u8xp61ydq ... a.pbo?dl=0

Mission by DestroyerLive, tested by me Yarrek and Aron RPT Checked.

Awesome mission tbh
Last edited by destroyerlive on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueDragon

Re: 12_dlive_treasure_island 0.21.Tanoa

Post by BlueDragon »

What's dlive? Live? DIVE? DRIVE?
A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron »

Spell my name right DAVE :angry-screaming: it Aaron or A-a-ron

Oh and it's a pretty nice mission
Randy Andy

Post by Randy Andy »

Aaron is the first name in the baby names book Dave, please use the baby names book as reference in future :D
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Nice mission but requires the following:

* Some form of revive system, recommend AIS

* Not fully JIP compatible, requires "respawn_west" adding so player reconnect allows slot

* Remove AI skill parameters, this is overwritten by server side VCON, so totally redundant
destroyerlive

Re: 12 dlive Treasure Island

Post by destroyerlive »

Hello there ;-) :clap:
Sorry for broking and bringing revolutions to your forum. :P

Im glad you like and enjoy my tiny mission.
I had this idea about adventure, action movie / spec-ops kind mission about island, bandits and treasure and ended up doing it myself in the end.
As I said to fellas, im completly dumb and useless as programmer or scripter so big thanks goes to Foley who was able to be extremly helpfull to go with me through it. :)

I have already written down few notes about things that needs to be tweaked. (like adding earplugs - thoose boats are loud.. :) )

Anyways. Im not really fan of any kind of revive systems. I understand them in long missions where dead players dont really want to wait after small mistake for hours. But for me they are kinda immersion breakers and often missions with them become just nonstop revive-crap-fests. I preffer when player is immersed into game and somehow scared to not make mistake / die.

About "* Not fully JIP compatible, requires "respawn_west" adding so player reconnect allows slot" : Oki. How do I do that?

Thanks a lot. :)

M.

(ps. BabylonCome : I wasnt able to respond to your PM, messaging is blocked for me. :) )
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I only suggested a revive system as currently it's one shot dead, at least with a medic system, you can usually take a shot or two before you go down. Since we are wearing body armour that is a little more "playable", were as Friday the moment the bullet hit me I was spectating, which was very quick and unforgiving.. Most medical systems like AIS do allow you to set how it works, for example, you can have it so only medics can revive, which makes it much harder. It's your choice as its not a server requirement, but just some food for thought..

The JIP issue is related to if a player disconnects, when they come back their slot is gone. I believe it is a very simple fix which involves placing a marker when you want JIP's to spawn and call it "respawn_west" (or east/indie etc depending on side played).
Randy Andy

Post by Randy Andy »

Create a maker under the markers tab
Make sure its the system marker so it is invisible..

Set the variable name to respawn_west

Alternatively, rename one of your existing markers at the mission start
destroyerlive

Post by destroyerlive »

BabylonCome wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:04 pm I only suggested a revive system as currently it's one shot dead, at least with a medic system, you can usually take a shot or two before you go down. Since we are wearing body armour that is a little more "playable", were as Friday the moment the bullet hit me I was spectating, which was very quick and unforgiving.. Most medical systems like AIS do allow you to set how it works, for example, you can have it so only medics can revive, which makes it much harder. It's your choice as its not a server requirement, but just some food for thought..

The JIP issue is related to if a player disconnects, when they come back their slot is gone. I believe it is a very simple fix which involves placing a marker when you want JIP's to spawn and call it "respawn_west" (or east/indie etc depending on side played).
Oh ok. I ll try and test loading better rated helmets and carrier plates. And see if its less unforgiving.

Randy Andy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:10 pm Create a maker under the markers tab
Make sure its the system marker so it is invisible..

Set the variable name to respawn_west

Alternatively, rename one of your existing markers at the mission start
Oki understand, will do. :)