The maps of PS

Bluehelmet

The maps of PS

Post by Bluehelmet »

Jhello fellow nerds,

I have been playing Post Scriptum since release and have been paying close attention to the maps that were released. Living in the area in which the game takes place and having seen many air photographs from the period I have come to the conclusion that there has been quite some creative freedom in the construction of said maps. While roads and overall topography are no doubt taken from staff maps, many buildings and terrain features seem to have been left out or "dreamt up'''.
Now with this i am not trying to convince anyone that this is a bad game or anything. I just want to point out that the whole ''based on irl maps" should be taken with a big handful of salt.

ill expand this topic with examples if people are interested.
(also it might be kind of cool to make a topic with modern day pictures of ingame locations)
Buckles
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: The maps of PS

Post by Buckles »

As far as I am aware Driel, Heelsum, Oosterbeek and Arnhem are all based on actual military maps from that period.

I am not so sure about the latest maps but I know for sure Best has been created with a bit more creative freedom.
Xokomak

Post by Xokomak »

I would add that I really loved BEST (the more unreal Map so far). Close quarter makes it kind of dynamic and challenging.

Nonetheless Bluehelmet, I would love to see real pictures of those locations... just for curiosity.

BTW did you saw Dunkirk? Im sure you did XD
Its kind of amazing but the lag of CGI makes it unreal. Im I supposed to think there were over a 100'000 people at the beach?
So, sometimes, keeping the feel real is counterproductive, and I would say is better to be adaptative. Flat terrains without obstacles are good, but having some hills makes the game funnier.

Just my opinion though. Sry for my broken english ;)
Bluehelmet

Post by Bluehelmet »

Hej
I did not see it. For some reason it never appealed to me, maybe ill run into it someday.
Il try and make some pictures of featured area's. Maybe i can find some actual areal photo's as well.
Modern pictures have the problem that the country changed so much you don't recognize anything really.
Xokomak

Post by Xokomak »

Yeah sure, do that, its interesting to see. Im sure there are some walls or buildings that are recognisable and did not changed that much.