Empyrion - Galactic Survival

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
Siguols
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Post by Siguols »

Hi, I am just wondering if any in the clan is playing Empyrion - Galactic Survival. The game is scratching my survival itch, and I like the idea of playing this in mulitplayer with some clan mates.

Hoping to find some people that are interested in this game!
TIMMEH

Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Post by TIMMEH »

not played it for ages but would be up for it again!
Jupiter Brown

Post by Jupiter Brown »

Out of interest, it looks like it has big Space Engineers vibes. What are the main differences between the two?
Siguols
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Siguols »

I don't know that much about Space Engineers other than what I have seen when youtubers play the game, but I guess that some of the differences is that EGS
- doesn't have collition damage in ships
- it is more story and survival based (again, I dont have much experiance with Space Engineers)
- It is grindy (in a way. Depends on the settings in SP/MP)
- As i have understood, Space Engineers have more focus on building ships (From watching a few streams)

EGS have a big survival focus. You need to get resources to build a ship (or get the resources into a blueprint from the steam workshop), raid POIs, get food and O2, explore the solar system (now in beta: Explore the galaxy!)
Yeh, I dont know if it is a good representation of the game, but I think it's fun. Maybe I can relate it to 7 days to die, but in a space enviroment.