Ground Branch

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
Haarfagr

Ground Branch

Post by Haarfagr »

Heya!

I recently installed this game again, and figured I'd post here to see if anyone else would be interested to give it a go together.

For those who don't know the game, it's a early access game that is being developed by one of the guys who made the first Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games. Small team, but the game has gotten pretty far, and the game mechanics sets a great baseline for even more content later. Looks good, feels good. Lots of attention to detail.
It is a mix between GR and R6, so both CQB(R6) and more open maps(GR).

It has a good variety of maps, loooads of guns and attachments (you can kit out your gear just how you want it, maually placing everything), PVE, PVP and they're planning to add missions with friendly AIs etc.

They have big updates multiple times every year, and there is one coming very soon that adds better animations, first iteration of a encumbrance system etc.
Instead of me writing down everything I'm gonna post some links so you guys can see and read up on what's in the game and what's coming.

https://www.groundbranch.com/about/faq/ <- Worth a read

https://trello.com/b/BdkXEGf5/ground-branch-roadmap <- Roadmap

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1462123548 <- A good guide for the game, showcasing the game mechanics and maps etc.

If enough people are interested, I can set up a event for this. I'm thinking both coop and PvP.
Coop is T hunt.
PvP is deathmatch, team deathmatch, team elimination (One life variation of TDM), and defend (Capture the point).
The game is cheap, and to me it is already worth the price. With the added "potential" of what's to come later, it's even better.
And I mean.. it has a tanker ship map and a 747 map... What else would you need?

Let me know if this looks interesting to you, and we can get something going :D
swingline43

Re: Ground Branch

Post by swingline43 »

I'm absolutely in for this !!!! I've been playing since it's Steam release. Update 1030 is due out soon.

It's a very adult shooter.
Last edited by swingline43 on Thu May 28, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wintski
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by wintski »

may need a tactical fix....
Lexhy

Post by Lexhy »

wintski wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:25 pm may need a tactical fix....
then play some swat4 with me :D
Matt

Post by Matt »

I play GB once in awhile. Big update coming soon too! Would be down with this.
Joina412
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joina412 »

Sounds interesting 🤔

★Post Scriptum Game Commander★
Lexhy

Post by Lexhy »

HMMMMMM...

sounds interesting
Joina412
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joina412 »

You are want us to have swat 4 huh 🤔😉

Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

We can do Swat 4 too, Lexhy. They're very different games I'd say :D

Happy to see that there is some interest! I'm gonna play tonight and the coming days, will make a TS channel when I do :)

If anyone can or know how to host a server let me know. Renting one is a bit too expensive for now.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Haarfagr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:19 pm We can do Swat 4 too, Lexhy. They're very different games I'd say :D

Happy to see that there is some interest! I'm gonna play tonight and the coming days, will make a TS channel when I do :)

If anyone can or know how to host a server let me know. Renting one is a bit too expensive for now.
Worst case if we can get enough of us on at any given time, there are plenty of small servers that we can just hijack and fill out.
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

Yeah, that's my initial plan. 😁
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

I was gonna play, and found this.. Any of you hosting it? :O
Lexhy

Post by Lexhy »

?! da faq
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

:silent:
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

Update: Sneaky mr BearBison have made a server for us.
Come join us :D
madfknmax

Post by madfknmax »

bought and downloaded. just tell me when.
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

First of all..

Thank you to all who joined today! I had a lot of fun, and I hope you guys had too. I'm excited to keep playing this :)

Second, planning to set up some events going forward. Most likely first one this weekend!

A huge thank you to BearBison for setting up a server so quick, so much easier for us to do as we want to in the game with that :)
Joina412
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joina412 »

I really enjoyed it, a lot to get used to but slow enough that's it's not just another cod style shooter, bit of thought needed. 😁👍

BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

Great fun, now just need to sort the server out properly so is on FireDaemon and can be updated etc. but those with access
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

I asked on the GB Discord about AI difficulty. Got these numbers as the "hardest" AI, tried them a little bit now. While still not super difficult for a competent FPS'er - they at least shoot quicker it seems.

There are some bugs with the in-game VOIP, some say you need to spam the mic a little bit on and off while talking when you spawn in to make sure it works. Also, it uses Steam VOIP, so make sure your devices in Steam settings are correct.

They are looking into making in-game VOIP better, both in volume and general stability.