Squad themed pub quiz sign up

MrJamieMcC

Squad themed pub quiz sign up

Post by MrJamieMcC »

Hi everyone. I am running a virtual pub quiz which anybody can take part in. The quiz is focused around squad, however it does include some general knowledge about WWI and WWII. The quiz contains a mixture of text,pictures and video rounds which will test your knowledge of the game as well as your memory. Questions range from the development of the game, vehciles, maps, factions, weapons and much more. Their is a total of 53 unique questions.
  • Host: MrJamieMcC
  • When: 12th June @ 6pm UTC / 7pm BST
  • Cut off: 20 minutes before quiz start
  • Estimated quiz time: 30-40 minutes
  • Max participants: 45
  • Prize: Special event winner ribbon
  • Teams allowed: No - due to the format of the quiz site
  • Quiz site: MyQuiz - no sign up is required
  • Do i need to be in TeamSpeak to play: Yes - make sure to be in TS before th cutoff time
  • Sign up required: Yes - please sign up via the link here - https://www.rustyinplaces.org/pages/events
  • Is alchol required: No but it is highly suggested
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask
Last edited by MrJamieMcC on Sat May 30, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
SkUrK3N
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: Squad themed pub quiz sign up

Post by SkUrK3N »

Noice
MeltedMagician

Post by MeltedMagician »

Great to see some initiative from a new recruit! I'm sure it will go down a hit!
MrJamieMcC

Post by MrJamieMcC »

MeltedMagician wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:18 pm Great to see some initiative from a new recruit! I'm sure it will go down a hit!
Cheers mate. Just trying to give something back to the clan :D
Tony Montana

Post by Tony Montana »

I'm excited man, we could even do a face reveal : )
MrJamieMcC

Post by MrJamieMcC »

Tony Montana wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:26 pm I'm excited man, we could even do a face reveal : )
I've changed the quiz site to make things a lot easier. The original quiz site i was using didn't show participants the questions, so i decided to then use zoom to share my screen to show everyone the questions. I tested it out with another member of the clan and it's just way too much hassle to get everything sorted and the logistics of it. As you needed 1 window open to seethe questions and another window open to answer the question. It was a nightmare, plus zoom only allows a max of 40 minutes per call which is cutting it close to the actual estimated runtime of the quiz. Due to all this i've changed the quiz platform to make things easier (players now only need to click a link to join, rather than download software and creat accounts).
VoidProxy

Post by VoidProxy »

I'm definitely in. If I can make it ofcourse.
MrJamieMcC

Post by MrJamieMcC »

VoidProxy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:27 am I'm definitely in. If I can make it ofcourse.
Glad to hear it :) Make sure to sign up via the event page
MrJamieMcC

Post by MrJamieMcC »

There is still a lot of spaces free for the pub quiz. Get yourself signed up!
UnholyMuffin
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by UnholyMuffin »

Great idea! I'll be there if time allows :D Nice to see something new, especially in the early stage of your membership. Chapeau :handgestures-salute:
★SR. Recruitment Officer★
MrJamieMcC

Post by MrJamieMcC »

UnholyMuffin wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:50 am Great idea! I'll be there if time allows :D Nice to see something new, especially in the early stage of your membership. Chapeau :handgestures-salute:
Cheers mate. It will be a good laugh. Hope to see you there :D