ArmA_ Reforger

mti_

ArmA_ Reforger

Post by mti_ »

With the re-newed interest of our community in ArmA I was wondering if any of you are going to be checking out Arma Reforger?
It is the first glimpse we are getting at the engine that will be running Arma 4.
Reviews look underwhelming so be wary but I sure am very intrigued.
Gurman

Re: ArmA_ Reforger

Post by Gurman »

I have spent some time on this game, overall am impressed with what I have seen. I would say its an expensive 'demo' but I can see where Bi is going with this, a platform they can get feedback to improve and try things out, not to mention a chance for the community modders to get get use to the new platform and the new coding language.

Yes its buggy, yes its limited with key functionality missing, limited assets (no helicopters etc) but it has noticable improvements over Arma 3.

last comment, its not Arma 4... its a technical demo, given to the community to test the shit out of, the learning and improvements will then go into making Arma 4 more complete by the time it comes out.

... still miffed by the cost, but hoping those who have invested will get a discount on Arma 4!
HI-IM-BOB

Post by HI-IM-BOB »

Going to be downloading this at the weekend. From some of the YouTube videos I have seen it looks like it's fun and has lots of potential. Bob
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Wilhem »

Be ready to get kicked out off server every 30 min to 1h because game has stability issue. I have tested it from time to time since release and i get kicked aprox each 30 min from server.
★PL Gunner's Gladiators★SRO★
Lexhy

Post by Lexhy »

Yeah same. Seems most people do.

I'd recommend waiting until it's sorted. Who knows, could be months
Kris

Post by Kris »

Since last little patch it has been better connectivity wise.
Servers with 32 slots seem to be the best and I sometimes hop on random Game Master server and can play fairly ok.

I think Reforger is something more than just tech demo, it is currently in super alpha stage, but quite solid at what it is already.
Devs just need to continue with the patches, which I am sure they will do and we have to wait for community to make more stuff and game modes. I think something like exile mod would provide plenty of fun play hours for 30£