Map Rotation

BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Re: Map Rotation

Post by BearBison »

Arrahant wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:57 am I would like to put in my two cents about this subject. I've been playing on the server most nights the past week, and to me it feels as if we got the same Anvil AAS, Gorodok CAF INV 1, Mutaha AAS, Yeho AAS, and then Belaya RAAS, rotation every night. I was pleasantly suprised with the Chora AAS we got last night, but it seems we got the same rotation again after that again (I quit at Gorodok CAF INV 1 last night at around 2230 hrs GMT +2 so I can't know if the same maps came after that). Has anyone had the same experience?

Is it true that the server is supposed to pick a random map after seeding ends?
It should, but I believe OWI broke that again with the last update
XXLpeanuts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by XXLpeanuts »

I would also like to add to this, I generally play in evenings after 5pm, UK time and on Fridays till late or saturday afternoons. Almost always the map being played or next map is Yeho and I only ever get to play as a UK/US/CAF faction verses Russia, I cant remember the last time I saw insurgents or Militia on our server, but those maps never show up and if they do its a layer with Russia or MEC instead.

As someone (and I know not everyone feels this way) that much prefers the asymetric gameplay of Blufor verses insurgent factions, playing on our server is often annoying for me despite my love for the clan and community and our rules etc. I often join, find out its Yeho again and the next map is Godorok and quit, checking back in a couple of hours hoping an ins map is on the way, or at least something without Russia (honestly so bored of them as a faction and the maps they are on).

I keep hearing the rotation is random, which either means there are just way more Yeho/Godorok etc layers than any other, or the "random" is always bunching these maps together. I have never once seen it go from Yeho/Godorok to something like Fallujah ins, or even Al Basrah (one of the only maps I ever get to play INS on our server). Is it just that at the times I play the server is always guaranteed to be on Yeho or Godorok etc and if I would play at 10-11pm maybe I would get lucky?
Laeknir

Post by Laeknir »

XXLpeanuts wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:57 am I would also like to add to this, I generally play in evenings after 5pm, UK time and on Fridays till late or saturday afternoons. Almost always the map being played or next map is Yeho and I only ever get to play as a UK/US/CAF faction verses Russia, I cant remember the last time I saw insurgents or Militia on our server, but those maps never show up and if they do its a layer with Russia or MEC instead.

As someone (and I know not everyone feels this way) that much prefers the asymetric gameplay of Blufor verses insurgent factions, playing on our server is often annoying for me despite my love for the clan and community and our rules etc. I often join, find out its Yeho again and the next map is Godorok and quit, checking back in a couple of hours hoping an ins map is on the way, or at least something without Russia (honestly so bored of them as a faction and the maps they are on).

I keep hearing the rotation is random, which either means there are just way more Yeho/Godorok etc layers than any other, or the "random" is always bunching these maps together. I have never once seen it go from Yeho/Godorok to something like Fallujah ins, or even Al Basrah (one of the only maps I ever get to play INS on our server). Is it just that at the times I play the server is always guaranteed to be on Yeho or Godorok etc and if I would play at 10-11pm maybe I would get lucky?
MIL and INS maps have the fewest occurences in the current layout of the maps, this is not something we can control. Maps where versing INS was the standard is now MEA. For other game modes such as TC, Destruction, Insurgency there is more of them, however these game styles are not popular and often kill the server, which is a shame.
US and Russia are the most common match up, so you will see them often, and in making the rotation, I do my best to try and limit how often someone can play a faction in a rough 5 round night.

Maps like Yeho, gorodok, mutaha, show up on our server more, because people love those maps, they are the most popular ones. so within any 10 maps in the rotation, there will be Yeho, gorodok, narva and mutaha, not always, but as the point of start on the rotation is random, i try to put it up becuase people will leave if they dont get to play those maps.

In Making the rotation, I think of, What maps follow good after one another, to keep intrest up, what factions are playing and to create diversity, making sure there isnt to many AAS maps or RAAS maps one after the other, and sprinkle some invasion in there. but there is only so much I can do, when the community wants big maps as standard, dislikes other maps and kills the server, and when OWI changes the factions on layers. For MIL there is only 20 possible layers out of 251 layers that allign with AAS RAAS, asnd INV. INS is 32 possible layers. compared to RUS US UK CAF it is significantly less. until there are more Factions in the game, they will be dominated by US RUS.

GB 21
USA 35
INS 5
RUS 46
MIL 12
CAF 19
MEA 24

is the current frequency out of an 80 map roation.

Al Basrah 5
Belaya 4
Chora 4
Fallujah 4
Fool's Road 4
Gorodok 6
Kamdesh 4
Kohat 3
Kokan 3
Lashkar Valley 3
Logar Valley 2
Mestia 2
Mutaha 5
Narva 6
Skorpo 3
Sumari 2
Tallil Outskirts 3
Yehorivka 7
Manic 4
Goose Bay 3
Anvil 4

is how many times that map appears in that roation.
all of that is based on community feedback on what they want on our server, what keeps people on our server and joining.

It sucks, but we are trying hard here.
Hellstorm901
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Hellstorm901 »

As usual I am going to say Sumari INS vs MIL Nightime layer

Now on a more serious suggestion is the Wargame Gorodok layer where US vs BRIT still in the game after the Brit update because if so that could be an interesting map
XXLpeanuts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by XXLpeanuts »

Laeknir wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:55 am MIL and INS maps have the fewest occurences in the current layout of the maps, this is not something we can control. Maps where versing INS was the standard is now MEA. For other game modes such as TC, Destruction, Insurgency there is more of them, however these game styles are not popular and often kill the server, which is a shame.
US and Russia are the most common match up, so you will see them often, and in making the rotation, I do my best to try and limit how often someone can play a faction in a rough 5 round night.

Maps like Yeho, gorodok, mutaha, show up on our server more, because people love those maps, they are the most popular ones. so within any 10 maps in the rotation, there will be Yeho, gorodok, narva and mutaha, not always, but as the point of start on the rotation is random, i try to put it up becuase people will leave if they dont get to play those maps.

In Making the rotation, I think of, What maps follow good after one another, to keep intrest up, what factions are playing and to create diversity, making sure there isnt to many AAS maps or RAAS maps one after the other, and sprinkle some invasion in there. but there is only so much I can do, when the community wants big maps as standard, dislikes other maps and kills the server, and when OWI changes the factions on layers. For MIL there is only 20 possible layers out of 251 layers that allign with AAS RAAS, asnd INV. INS is 32 possible layers. compared to RUS US UK CAF it is significantly less. until there are more Factions in the game, they will be dominated by US RUS.

GB 21
USA 35
INS 5
RUS 46
MIL 12
CAF 19
MEA 24

is the current frequency out of an 80 map roation.

Al Basrah 5
Belaya 4
Chora 4
Fallujah 4
Fool's Road 4
Gorodok 6
Kamdesh 4
Kohat 3
Kokan 3
Lashkar Valley 3
Logar Valley 2
Mestia 2
Mutaha 5
Narva 6
Skorpo 3
Sumari 2
Tallil Outskirts 3
Yehorivka 7
Manic 4
Goose Bay 3
Anvil 4

is how many times that map appears in that roation.
all of that is based on community feedback on what they want on our server, what keeps people on our server and joining.

It sucks, but we are trying hard here.

Thank you for detailing this, it actually helps as I now know I am not going insane and there is a purposful bias towards those maps and factions. I understand the majority seem to like those maps over others, its sad but true. And there are just more layers I guess also. One day when the Devs fix insurgency mode I hope to help fund an INS only server for our clan, as that is my dream since I stopped playing PR. But the devs seem far too scared to add things that made INS the best mode in PR.